We’re working with an entrepreneurial food business who are respected for their fresh, innovative products. They have recently expanded their operation and moved to a brand new factory and are now looking for a Technical Manager to help drive the delivery of the highest quality products for their discerning customers.
In this fast paced role, you’ll report to the General Manager and be responsible for:
• Overseeing the factory technical function, supporting the implementation and maintenance of the Technical and Quality Standards across the site.
• Strategically managing technical priorities whilst ensuring audits and projects are completed in line with customer and company schedules.
• Working closely with Operations to ensure the smooth day to day running of the factory, guaranteeing non-conformances and food safety risks are resolved quickly, effectively and with integrity.
• Managing and co-ordinating complaint investigation and audit procedures, liaising with key customer contacts and working in partnership with them to analyse, resolve and prevent technical issues.
• Leading your team to promote a ‘right first time’ culture across the factory through the effective implementation of robust QA systems in line with the latest quality legislation whilst providing opportunities for training and development.
Suit a talented Technical professional who is looking for a step up the career ladder or a more experienced manager who can add value immediately. Experience in the chilled food sector is highly desirable.
As well as being ambitious and driven to succeed, you must have excellent technical knowledge with a strong understanding of quality assurance requirements including HACCP and BRC. You’ll need to have superb people management, be proactive and have demonstrable skills in delivering continuous improvement initiatives throughout the factory. Excellent communication skills are also a must have as you will need to liaise regularly with a varied supplier and customer base.
Also, please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.